When a dryer stops working, determining the cause can be rather tricky.
There’s just so many things that can go wrong with a dryer. If you are planning to do the repairs by yourself, you will actually need to diagnose the problem. This becomes tricky since it’s usually a guessing game and a lot of attempts for a trial-and-error.
Well, that’s not the case if you have the Kenmore Hybrid Dryer. It comes equipped with an electronic control board that’s not only the main hub of operation but it can help you troubleshoot if there’s a problem with the unit. You see, if there’s an issue with the dryer, the panel will display an error code which should tell you exactly what’s wrong with it.
If your dryer has displayed the error code EE, then you’ve come to the right place. The Kenmore Hybrid Dryer error code EE a fairly common issue and we have a guide that will help you fix the problem.
What is the Kenmore Hybrid Dryer Error Code EE?
Basically, the error code EE indicates that there’s a failure with the main control board. The dryer electronic control board manages all of the machine’s components and controls various functions like cycle times.
It’s usually hard to determine if there’s anything wrong with the control board. In most cases, only trained service technicians can perform advanced diagnostic tests on the main board. But since the main control board of the Kenmore dryer can display error codes, you can easily find out if the control board is the main source of the problem.
In this case, it’s the error code EE.
Unfortunately, once you see this error code, the only fix that you can do is to replace the main board. Lucky for you, we have the guide for replacing your faulty control panel.
Steps for Replacing a Kenmore Dryer’s Control Board
WARNING: Working with electrical appliances is very hazardous. Therefore, make sure that you utilize the proper tools and safety equipment when following the steps below. It’s highly recommended that you read and understand all the steps before attempting any repairs. If you think that you can perform the steps to a T, then you should have no problems. Otherwise, get in touch with a qualified service technician.
- 1/4-inch nut wrench
- Slot screwdriver
- Vacuum cleaner
- Safety gloves
- Grounding strap
- New control board
1. Wear your safety gloves and unplug the dryer from the wall outlet. Shut off the gas if you’re working with a gas-operated model.
2. Slide the unit away from the wall so you have sufficient working space. At the back of the unit, you should see two hex-head screws that secure the top panel. Use the 1/4-inch nut wrench to remove the screws. Pull the top panel back to release it from the locking tabs. Remove the top panel and set it aside.
3. From here, you should see the control board. Take a photo of the connections to ensure that you can properly reconnect it later with the new board. Use the screwdriver to take out the locking tabs from the wire connectors. Disconnect the harness plug from the control board’s receptacle.
4. There should be a single hex head screw which you can remove with the nut driver. Slide the control board to remove it from the support bracket.
5. Now, it’s time to install the new board. Before you remove the new board from its packaging, touch any metal parts of the cabinet to dissipate any static electricity that you may have accumulated.
6. Install the new board on the support bracket. Make sure that you push it properly into the mounting slots. Reinstall the mounting screws but be careful not to over-tighten because it might damage the board. Keep it nice and snug but not so tight.
7. Reconnect the wires to the new control breaker board. Refer to the photo you’ve taken earlier to ensure that the connections are accurate. Push down the harness plugs until they lock into place. It’s important that you get this step right because an incorrect connection can damage the rest of the components.
8. Reinstall the top panel and secure it with the mounting screws.
9. Plug the dryer into the electrical outlet and push it back to its original position.
Replacing the main control panel is the best fix for the Kenmore Hybrid Dryer error code EE.
It’s best that you address this problem as soon as possible because the main control board is one of the most important components for washers and dryers. If your control board gives in, then there’s no way that your dryer will work.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you fix the dreaded error code EE.