When a dryer stops working, determining the cause can be rather tricky.
There’s just so many things that can go wrong with a dryer. If you are planning to do the repairs by yourself, you will actually need to diagnose the problem. This becomes tricky since it’s usually a guessing game and a lot of attempts for a trial-and-error.
Well, that’s not the case if you have the Kenmore Hybrid Dryer. It comes equipped with an electronic control board that’s not only the main hub of operation but it can help you troubleshoot if there’s a problem with the unit. You see, if there’s an issue with the dryer, the panel will display an error code which should tell you exactly what’s wrong with it.
If your dryer has displayed the error code EE, then you’ve come to the right place. The Kenmore Hybrid Dryer error code EE a fairly common issue and we have a guide that will help you fix the problem.
What is the Kenmore Hybrid Dryer Error Code EE?
Basically, the error code EE indicates that there’s a failure with the main control board. The dryer electronic control board manages all of the machine’s components and controls various functions like cycle times.
It’s usually hard to determine if there’s anything wrong with the control board. In most cases, only trained service technicians can perform advanced diagnostic tests on the main board. But since the main control board of the Kenmore dryer can display error codes, you can easily find out if the control board is the main source of the problem.
In this case, it’s the error code EE.
Unfortunately, once you see this error code, the only fix that you can do is to replace the main board. Lucky for you, we have the guide for replacing your faulty control panel.
Steps for Replacing a Kenmore Dryer’s Control Board
WARNING: Working with electrical appliances is very hazardous. Therefore, make sure that you utilize the proper tools and safety equipment when following the steps below. It’s highly recommended that you read and understand all the steps before attempting any repairs. If you think that you can perform the steps to a T, then you should have no problems. Otherwise, get in touch with a qualified service technician.
1/4-inch nut wrench
- Master set has every size from 5/32 to 9/16 inch and 5 to 14 mm in both shallow and deep lengths
- Includes universal joint, screwdriver bit adapter and extra long 6-inch extension, tools not found in most other sets
- Finely geared 72-tooth ratchet needs only 5-degree working swing arc
- High-torque, 6-point sockets grip flat sides of fasteners, not corners, preventing round off
- All tools are made from premium quality chrome vanadium steel with a mirror chrome plated finish
- Unique three-sided handle combines maximum power with smooth speed
- Premium alloy steel blade has a precisely sized tip for an exact fit in fasteners
- Protective black oxide finish can't flake off like plated finishes
- Size marking on butt end is easy to identify in tool belt or drawer
- Made in USA
- 【6KPA POWERFUL CYCLONIC SUCTION】 Holife cordless handheld vacuum with multi-layer filter, 90~100W high performance motor provides a stable 6KPA strong cyclonic suction, good for daily quick pick ups. A smart choice for both car cleaning and home cleaning. (6KPa suction is powerful enough to pick up coins)
- 【3-in-1 VERSATILITY & DRY WET AMPHIBIOUS】 The handheld vacuum comes with 3 serviceable attachments for added versatility: Crevice tool for reaching debris in tight corners & spaces with ease; Dusting brush for easily picking up hair or dirt on delicate surfaces & upholstery; Liquid nozzle for cleaning unexpected liquid spills effortlessly. It can easily clean dust, debris, crumbs, pet hair, dog hair, cat hair, as well as liquids (Not more than 100ml)
- 【CORDLESS, LIGHT WEIGHT & PORTABLE】 Cord-free, hassle-free! The cordless vacuum dust cleaner is lightweight and portable to use. Free your movement and easy to clean stairs, kitchen, inside of your car, hard to reach corners, wall edges without bulky and tangled cords. HoLife cordless handheld vacuum HAS PASSED CE, ROHS, MSDS and UL CERTIFICATION.
- 【LONG BATTERY LIFE & QUICK RECHARGING TECH】 Lithium battery can hold more energy per volume and confirmed to be Non-toxic, quicker recharge and no memory effect. With higher capacity and quick charge tech, Holife hand vacuum can run constantly for 30mins with a charge about 3~4 hours, which means you can clean your 1615 sq.ft room on a single charge. (Charging Stand Included)
- 【QUIETER SYSTEM】 Unobtrusive motor system enhances the overall cleaning experience by making the least noise. The hand vacuum with a removable translucent bag-less dirt bowl, you can easily check and empty dirt. It's 3.27 lbs and ergonomically designed which will help you escape from fatigue clean. (Comes with 2 Removable & Washable Filters)
- Patented Impact Guard protects the first knuckle with EVA foam padding.
- Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) knuckle guards and full-length fingertip protection reduce the risk of impact and pinching injuries.
- Internal layer of XD synthetic leather reinforces your index finger and thumb for added durability.
- D3O palm padding absorbs and dissipates high-impact energy through the palm.
- Machine washable.
- Resistance: < 10K Ohm (Wrist Strap)
- 1M Ohm 10% (Cord)
- Length of Grounding Cord: 6 Feet
- Adjustable Strap Fits Your Wrist Comfortably
- Extra-long Coiled Cord for Wide Range of Movement
New control board
- N 8182685 Kenmore Washer Control Board NEW 8182685
1. Wear your safety gloves and unplug the dryer from the wall outlet. Shut off the gas if you’re working with a gas-operated model.
2. Slide the unit away from the wall so you have sufficient working space. At the back of the unit, you should see two hex-head screws that secure the top panel. Use the 1/4-inch nut wrench to remove the screws. Pull the top panel back to release it from the locking tabs. Remove the top panel and set it aside.
3. From here, you should see the control board. Take a photo of the connections to ensure that you can properly reconnect it later with the new board. Use the screwdriver to take out the locking tabs from the wire connectors. Disconnect the harness plug from the control board’s receptacle.
4. There should be a single hex head screw which you can remove with the nut driver. Slide the control board to remove it from the support bracket.
5. Now, it’s time to install the new board. Before you remove the new board from its packaging, touch any metal parts of the cabinet to dissipate any static electricity that you may have accumulated.
6. Install the new board on the support bracket. Make sure that you push it properly into the mounting slots. Reinstall the mounting screws but be careful not to over-tighten because it might damage the board. Keep it nice and snug but not so tight.
7. Reconnect the wires to the new control breaker board. Refer to the photo you’ve taken earlier to ensure that the connections are accurate. Push down the harness plugs until they lock into place. It’s important that you get this step right because an incorrect connection can damage the rest of the components.
8. Reinstall the top panel and secure it with the mounting screws.
9. Plug the dryer into the electrical outlet and push it back to its original position.
Replacing the main control panel is the best fix for the Kenmore Hybrid Dryer error code EE.
It’s best that you address this problem as soon as possible because the main control board is one of the most important components for washers and dryers. If your control board gives in, then there’s no way that your dryer will work.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you fix the dreaded error code EE.