General Electric dryers are some of the more popular units that are currently sold in the market.
These days, the modern GE dryers are programmed to display error codes that make it easier for owners to diagnose the problems with their units. Before, you will still need to perform various diagnostic steps before you can zone in on the issue. It takes a lot of guessing and trial-and-error which can be cumbersome at times.
Fortunately, with today’s display panels, all you need to do is check the error code and refer to your dryer’s user manual. However, there are many models that have manuals that don’t include the codes.
If you have seen the GE Cleanspeak dryer code error F07 from your machine, know that you have come to the right place.
What is the GE Cleanspeak Dryer Code Error F07?
According to SearsPartsDirect, the error code F07 indicates that there’s a fault with your unit’s power supply connection.
When installing your dryer, it’s essential that you hook all the connections properly, especially when it comes to the power supply. Fixing this problem is as simple as unplugging the dryer and re-wiring the power cord according to the instruction manual.
Below, we have the provided the steps on how to install the power cord on a GE dryer.
Steps on How to Install a GE Dryer Power Cord
WARNING: Obviously, working with GE appliances can be a very dangerous task. Thus, it should be in your best interest to observe proper safety precaution and use the right tools while following the steps below. While the steps are not that difficult, they need to be followed properly. Please go through the entire guide and understand all the steps. Only do the installation if you are confident that you can do the steps properly.
Otherwise, it’s not a bad idea to have your unit serviced by a qualified professional.
- Slot or Philips screwdriver
- 4-wire power cord
1. Unplug the dryer from the outlet. Using the screwdriver, remove the screws that secure the terminal block access cover. Remove the cover from the back of the machine. This should expose the terminal block within the access panel.
2. Insert the wings of the butterfly clamp connector (provided with the dryer cord) into the opening that’s found from below the access panel. Run the wires through the 4-wire cord through the connector and into the access panel.
3. At the top left of the access panel, remove the ground screw (should be colored green) in the dryer’s cabinet. Pull out the harness wire from beneath the screw. Run the ground screw via the ring terminal from the 4-wire power cord. Install the power cord green wire and ground crew to the machine’s cabinet.
4. Take out the silver screw from the middle terminal that’s located on the terminal block. Connect the white wire from the 4-wire cord to the unit’s central terminal. Put the green wire that you removed earlier on top of the white wire. Then, install the silver screw via the ring terminals for both wires and straight to the terminal block. Make sure that the two wires beneath it are secured.
5. On the terminal block, remove the 2 brass screws to the left and right. Connect both the black and red wires to the terminal and replace the screws to secure the wires beneath. Both the red and black wires are considered hot wires so you can connect them to either left or right hot screws.
6. Tighten the 2 screws on the clamp connector to secure the power cord of the cabinet. The main function of the clamp connector is to make sure that the 4-wire power cord stays in place and prevent any accidental pulls. Replace the access cover on the back of the dryer. Make sure that all the screws are secured but not too tight.
7. Plug your dryer into a power outlet and it should not display the error code anymore.
Have You Managed to Fix the Error?
Hopefully, this guide has helped you fix the GE Cleanspeak dryer code error F07. As you can see, all you need to do is to properly wire your unit’s power cord.
Another good tip when working with your dryer is to use a magnetic nut driver. This helps you save time since it prevents the screws from falling inside the dryer. Also, take extra care when you are handling parts like the dryer’s sensor.
While we have outlined the comprehensive steps for installing your GE dryer’s power cord and supply, it’s always a good idea to refer to your unit’s instruction manual. While you can look up most troubleshooting steps online, a user manual is still an appliance owner’s best friend.
Did you manage to fix the error code F07 of your GE dryer? Should you have any questions about the tutorial, feel free to hit the comments section.