Cleaning is hard work. It not only involves hard labor but also requires dedicated cleaning equipment. While you could hire a contractor or a person to do the cleaning for you, the costs involved in doing so will most likely exceed the advantages. So, what do you do in such a situation? The answer to that question lies in pressure washers. They’re nifty pieces of equipment that can significantly cut down on the time taken to clean a surface. In addition to that, they can also make cleaning an easy and fun job to do. Getting yourself the best pressure washer is an investment rather than an expense as it usually lasts for years.
In this article, you will learn more about the best pressure washers, their advantages and disadvantages, their pricing, and some of the best pressure washers that your money can buy.
BEST PRESSURE WASHER FAQ
Here are the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the best pressure washer options.
1. WHAT ARE PRESSURE WASHERS?
Also known as power washers, pressure washers are special items of equipment that spray highly pressurized water from a nozzle to remove dust and wash away dirt, grime, mud, loose paint, stuck gum, and other unwanted substances off a surface. This high pressure water lets you clean surfaces rapidly and helps save a lot of time and energy.
2. WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PRESSURE WASHERS?
Apart from the obvious benefit of convenience, pressure washers come with several advantages such as protection from harmful bacteria, easy transportation and storage, and very low recurring costs. Pressure washers are also environmentally friendly, as they do not require the use of harmful industrial level chemicals to remove dirt, grime, and other unwanted substances. They also help you save a lot of water as they typically remove even the toughest of stains in a single pass.
3. WHAT ARE THE FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING THE BEST PRESSURE WASHER?
The main factor you should consider before getting the best pressure washer is its maximum pressure. The higher the pressure, the faster your job gets done. Another factor you should consider is the way the pressure washer is powered.
Gas powered pressure washers are usually better as they can be taken almost anywhere due to their standalone construction. The size of the pressure washer and the different features it provides are some other factors you should look into.
4. WHERE CAN YOU BUY THE BEST PRESSURE WASHER?
You can get the best pressure washer from online marketplaces such as Amazon, Best Buy, Home Depot, and Walmart, among others. Or, if you prefer to check them out in person, you could always visit your local hardware store or garden supplies store to see if they have the equipment on sale.
HOW WE REVIEWED
We scoured the internet and compiled a list of the 10 best pressure washers available for sale on the market. Our team of reviewers then took to reviewing every single one of the best pressure washers individually on the basis of their features, pros and cons, pricing, and warranty. Once that was accomplished, the team then compared and contrasted each of the products with the others in the list to come up with an unbiased verdict.
OVERALL PRICE RANGE OF THE BEST PRESSURE WASHER
The price range of the best pressure washers usually starts as low as $80 and goes all the way up to around $1,000. The pricing is primarily dependent on the power source of the pressure washer and on its maximum pressure. While the best pressure washers that are priced lower down in the range offer good bang for your buck, they usually lack the power to handle tough stains on hard surfaces. They’re typically only good for washing cars and other small vehicles.
WHAT WE REVIEWED
- Excell EPW1792500 2500 PSI 2.5 GPM Cold Water 179CC Gas Powered Pressure Washer
- Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer
- Generac 7019 OneWash 3,100 PSI, 2.4 GPM, Gas Powered Pressure Washer
- SIMPSON MSH3125-S MegaShot 3200 PSI 2.5 GPM Honda GC190 Engine Gas Pressure Washer
- Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer GPW1501
- AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer
- SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228-S 3300 PSI at 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Powered by HONDA with AAA Triplex
- NorthStar 1573021 Pressure Washer
- DeWalt DXPW3425 Pressure Washer
EXCELL EPW1792500 2500 PSI 2.5 GPM COLD WATER 179CC GAS POWERED PRESSURE WASHER
Equipped with a 179cc gasoline engine, the Excell EPW1792500 pressure washer outputs a maximum pressure of up to 2500 PSI. The washer comes with five different color coded nozzles for various cleaning situations. The pressure washer is also so compact and low-profile that it can be easily stowed away under a bench.
The Excell EPW1792500 2500 PSI pressure washer can be purchased on Amazon for around $280.
Excell offers a two-year limited warranty on the Excell EPW1792500 pressure washer.
- Comes with 10-inch never-flat wheels for easy transportation
- Features a 25-foot high-pressure hose
- Rust-resistant construction
- Customer service is lacking
- Plastic parts of the pressure washer are fragile
SUN JOE SPX3000 PRESSURE JOE 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-AMP ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER
- 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and water inlet temperature (max) is 104 degrees Farenheit
- TSS (Total Stop System) - automatically shuts off the pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.Working Pressure:1450 PSI.20 foot high pressure hose
- Dual detergent tanks - two 0.9 L onboard, removable tanks carry and store different types of detergent to simultaneously tackle different cleaning projects
- CSA approved. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual. This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm
Powered by electricity, the Sun Joe SPX 3000 features a 1,800-watt motor that puts out a maximum pressure of up to 2030 PSI. The pressure washer features a clip that can be used to store the hose when not in use. The SPX3000 is also equipped with an automatic cut off system that shuts off the power to the pump when the trigger is not pressed.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $150.
Sun Joe offers a two-year limited warranty on the Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer.
- Features removable dual detergent tanks
- Comes with five different color coded spray nozzles
- Extremely compact design
- Properly tightening the hose connector can be a hit and miss
- 20-foot long hose is too short
GENERAC 7019 ONEWASH 3,100 PSI, 2.4 GPM, GAS POWERED PRESSURE WASHER
- Ergonomic spray gun with integrated Power Dial allows you to easily adjust the pressure needed between four different tasks - car, wood, concrete and soap - at your fingertips
- Powerful horizontal axial cam pump delivers 3100 PSI for tough cleaning
- Convenient on-board 1/2 gallon detergent tank for hassle free cleaning
- Cleans large areas faster than a standard spray nozzle
- Works with pressure washers rated up to 3100 PSI
The Generac 7019 OneWash is powered by a 196cc gasoline engine that outputs a maximum pressure of up to 3,100 PSI. The pressure washer is fitted with a pair of never-flat tires that require zero maintenance and enable you to quickly and effortlessly transport the equipment. The power dial system on the washer lets you regulate the water pressure manually.
The Generac 7019 OneWash pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $400.
Generac offers a two-year warranty on the Generac 7019 OneWash power washer.
- Features a built-in half gallon detergent tank
- Comes with four different nozzle tips
- Pressure washer is highly resistant to rusting
- Hose hanger is fragile and can break easily
- Start button is prone to breakage
SIMPSON MSH3125-S MEGASHOT 3200 PSI 2.5 GPM HONDA GC190 ENGINE GAS PRESSURE WASHER
- HONDA GC190 premium residential engine
- Maintenance-free OEM Technologies axial cam pump
- 1/4 in. x 25 ft MorFlex hose is non-marring, kink and abrasion resistant and equipped M22 connection
- Welded steel construction frame
- 10'' Premuim pneumatic wheels
Equipped with the powerful Honda GC190 gasoline engine, the Simpson MegaShot delivers a maximum pressure of up to 3200 PSI. The 25-foot high-pressure water hose is flexible and highly resistant to kinks and abrasions, ensuring that it lasts for years.
The Simpson MSG3125-S MegaShot pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $400.
Simpson offers a two-year limited warranty on the engine and a one-year limited warranty on the pump of the Simpson MSG3125-S MegaShot pressure washer.
- Spray gun is fitted with a safety lock
- Features 10-inch pneumatic wheels for easy transportation
- Comes with five different quick-change nozzles
- Build quality is below par
- Washer vibrates too much
GREENWORKS 1500 PSI 13 AMP 1.2 GPM PRESSURE WASHER GPW1501
- 1500 PSI at 1.2 GPM will blast through grime and dirt to restore your surfaces
- Can be used vertically or horizontally for greater stability during use
- Includes a 25° and 40° quick connect tip for a variety of cleaning applications
- 20 ft. High pressure hose for greater reach. M22 Universal Threaded Twist On Hose & Trigger Handle
- Soap applicator to apply soap to completely clean any surface
Powered by electricity, the Greenworks pressure washer features a 1500 PSI electric motor that helps you clear out dirt and grime from any surface. The 35-feet power cord along with the 20-feet high-pressure hose lets you reach even the most inaccessible places. Setting up the pressure washer is straightforward and barely takes five minutes.
The Greenworks 1500 PSI pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $90.
Greenworks offers a one-year warranty on the Greenworks 1500 PSI pressure washer.
- Extremely compact and lightweight
- Hose features a universal M22 connector
- Washer comes with a soap dispenser bottle
- Average build quality
- Hose connector is prone to leakage
AR BLUE CLEAN AR383 1,900 PSI ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, 20 foot high pressure hose, 14 oz. detergent bottle and 2 high pressure quick change wands with pressure washer turbo and variable nozzles. Hose diameter: 0.25 inch
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Pull it out of the box, insert the hose reel and attach the handle. Connect the high pressure hose and garden hose. Plug the GFCI to a 3 prong outlet with a ground. Pull the trigger to start cleaning.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Best in class support. Contact us at anytime in Fridley, Minnesota. using the information found in the owner's manual.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 pressure washer features a sleek and compact design with wheels to enable you to transport it easily. The washer comes with a host of different attachments that includes two different washer wands and a 14 oz. detergent bottle. The pressure washer is environmentally friendly and utilizes around 70 to 80 percent less water than a traditional garden hose.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $120.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 pressure washer comes with a one-year bumper to bumper warranty.
- Low noise levels
- Easy to set up and transport
- Comes with a variety of different attachments
- High-pressure water hose is too short
- The water input connectors are plastic
KARCHER K5 PREMIUM ELECTRIC POWER PRESSURE WASHER
- Cleaner. Quicker.
- 2000 PSI, 1.4 GPM electric pressure washer
- Integrated hose reel for easy storage - 25ft high pressure hose
- Vario Power Spray wand - easily adjust spray right from the wand
- Dirtblaster spray wand - tackles the hardest jobs in half the time
Powered by a robust electric motor, the Karcher K5 outputs a water pressure of around 2000 PSI and 1.4 GPM. The pressure washer comes with separate storage points for the spray wand and the water hose. The vario spray wand attachment allows you to quickly change the water pressure with a simple twist.
The Karcher K5 pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $225.
Karcher offers a two-year limited warranty on the Karcher K5 pressure washer.
- Comes with two different spray wands
- Non-corrosive and rust-resistant pump
- Built-in hose reel for securely storing the hose
- Wheels could be a little bigger
- Pressure washer doesn’t hold steady on uneven ground
SIMPSON CLEANING PS3228-S 3300 PSI AT 2.5 GPM GAS PRESSURE WASHER POWERED BY HONDA WITH AAA TRIPLEX
- HONDA GX200 engine w/ Oil Alert provides powerful clean for years (includes 3-year engine warranty)
- AAA Industrial triplex plunger pump w/ PowerBoost Technology provides consistent water flow and pump bypass mode for pump protection
- 5/16 in. x 25 ft. MorFlex hose is non-marring, kink and abrasion resistant, and equipped with threaded fittings
- Welded steel construction frame and 10" premium pneumatic wheels for easy transport, set-up and load
- 5 Quick connect nozzle tips: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and soap
Featuring a powerful Honda GX200 gasoline engine with an AAA triplex pump, the Simpson PS3228-S delivers up to 3,300 PSI of water pressure at 2.5 GPM. The entire frame of the washer is powder coated in a matte black finish and is non-corrosive and rust-resistant.
The Simpson PS3228-S 3300 PSI pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $530.
Simpson offers a 3-year limited warranty on the engine and a 5-year limited warranty on the pump of the Simpson PS3228-S pressure washer.
- Low fuel consumption
- Easy to start
- Pump is really powerful
- High-pressure relief valve is prone to failure
- Spray hose is of average quality
NORTHSTAR 1573021 PRESSURE WASHER
- 5 HP Leeson motor operates on dedicated 230V/30A circuit
- Direct drive Cat 4DNX pump w/brass manifold and ceramic plungers
- Forged brass manifold gives improved strength over cheaper aluminum
- Easy Start stops pressure build-up during start-up
- Adjustable pressure for job versatility
The NorthStar 1573021 pressure washer is equipped with a robust 5 HP Leeson motor that delivers around 3,000 PSI at 2.5 GPM. The washer comes with the ability to adjust the water pressure manually, making it suitable for a wide variety of applications and jobs. It also features a hanger slot on either side to help store the hose and the electrical cord safely when not in use.
The NorthStar 1573021 pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $930.
The NorthStar 1573021 pressure washer comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Low noise and vibration
- Features a very powerful motor
- Great build quality
- Extremely expensive
DEWALT DXPW3425 PRESSURE WASHER
Powered by the tried and tested Honda GX200 gasoline engine, the DeWalt DXPW3425 pressure washer outputs a maximum water pressure of around 3400 PSI at 2.5 GPM. The high-quality AAA industrial plunger pump of the washer ensures that the equipment has a long working life with consistent performance.
The DeWalt DXPW3425 pressure washer can be found on Amazon for around $600.
DeWalt offers a 3-year warranty on the Honda GX engine and a 5-year warranty on the AAA pump.
- Comes with five quick connect nozzles
- High-pressure water hose is steel braided for added durability
- Spray gun features a safety lock
- Quality control is lacking
- Pump is prone to failure
Based on our review of these 10 best pressure washers, the NorthStar 1573021 pressure washer seems to come out on top. With up to 3,000 PSI of water pressure, the washer features more than adequate power to deal with grime on almost any surface. The build quality of the NorthStar washer is also exceptional with the frame being rust-resistant and non-corrosive.
However, the only drawback to this almost perfect piece of equipment is its extremely high price. If you value performance and longevity more than the high initial cost, then the NorthStar pressure washer is for you. If gas powered pressure washers are your thing, then the SIMPSON PS3228-S pressure washer and the Generac 7019 OneWash are great alternatives you can consider.