All in one washer dryer units are gaining popularity for those opting for smaller living spaces. Whether you are interested in buying one for your RV, your apartment, or to cut energy costs, we’ll show you some of the best all in one washer dryer units available.
Before presenting our reviews of the best washer dryer combo machines, let’s first cover some frequently asked questions about this dual-function machine.
What Is an All in One Washer Dryer?
You likely know what a washing machine and the companion machine that dries wet clothes is. If you don’t, they usually come in the form of two giant and massively heavy machines that do our laundry for us.
An all in one washer dryer eliminates the need for two machines by combining the power of both into one package. These machines are also called washer dryer combos.
How Does the Machine Work?
From a user perspective, the washer and dryer combo is easy to use. You place dirty clothes into the machine and when you return they are clean and dry. Often the drying function occurs automatically after the washing cycle is finished.
From a technical perspective, the all in one combo washer dryer works differently than the traditional washer and dryer machines. Washing in the combo machine is basically similar, but often a combination washer dryer will have a front-loading design.
Things heat up with the differences between a conventional dryer and the dryer on an all in one machine. Conventional dryers shoot hot air onto clothes and tumble them around until they are dry, all while dispelling hot air out through a vent. The vent releases all the hot air and steam from the machine through a tube linked outside. This dryer venting action is why you sometimes catch a whiff of drying clothes while outside.
Dryers in combo machines don’t work this way. The machine blows hot air onto clothing but also uses a steam cycle to soften clothes. Because the dryers don’t have a vent to expel excess heat, drying takes a lot longer than in a conventional vented dryer.
By and large, the dryers in all in one machines are also condensation dryers. The condensation process explains where the hot air goes when the machine doesn’t have a ventilation system to expel the heat. These dryers recirculate the hot air in a loop pattern.
What Are the Benefits of Using an All in One Washer Dryer?
There are many benefits to using an all in one washer dryer if you are prepared for how differently they behave from conventional machines. Here are some of the biggest benefits for using an all in one washer dryer unit:
- Smaller appliance size saves space
- Cheaper than the alternatives
- Portable and more lightweight
- The dryer can go on automatically after the wash cycle
- Does not have a vent
- Use horizontal axis drums that is less harsh for clothing
Who Could Use and All in One Washer Dryer?
All in one washer dryers are suitable for anyone who wants to save space, conserve energy, or wants a cheaper price tag than found on traditional laundry machine sets.
Saving space with a combo machine is a given. Of course, one machine is smaller than two machines, but the combo is typically even smaller than the average washer or dryer. These machines are ideal for RVs, small apartments, and tiny homes where space saving is a necessity.
All in one machines are also typically more energy efficient than standard American washers and dryers. To buy, a combo unit costs less, and using one could decrease your energy and water bills.
Where Can You Buy a Washer Dryer Combo?
Washer dryer combos are available for purchase on Amazon and through other online household appliance retailers. You can also purchase them at appliance stores.
How We Reviewed
We’ve reviewed some of the best all in one washer dryer units on the market to see how they compare with each other. We looked at their features, RPM spinning speeds, dimensions, pros and cons, price, and warranty to present you our verdict for the best option available right now.
Overall Price Range of All in One Combo Machines
Prices vary significantly for the all in one combo washer dryer machines featured in our review. Some cheaper models fall in the $800 price range. The most expensive laundry combo units are priced in the $2,000 range. Price isn’t always indicative of quality, but it can reveal which features the machine might include.
What We Reviewed
- Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer/Dryer
- LG WM3997HWA Ventless 4.3 Cu. Ft. Capacity Steam Washer/Dryer
- BestAppliance 24” Washer/Dryer Combo Compact 2.0 Cubic Feet
- LRCA RWD200 2.0 Cubic Feet Front Loading Washer and Dryer Combo
- LG WM3488HW 24″ Washer/Dryer Combo
- Haier HLC1700AXW Compact Laundry Combo Washer/Dryer
- Max Spin: 1200 RPM; Cycle: 10 wash/3 dry
- Max Wash Capacity: 15 lbs.; Max Dry Capacity: 11 lbs.
- Super-silent technology
- Automatic water level control
- Dimensions: 33-1/8" Height x 23-1/2" Width x 22-5/8" Depth
The compact Splendide all in one washer dryer is made to clean clothes quietly, and made with RV use in mind. The machine features a wash capacity of 15 pounds and a drying capacity of 11 pounds. The max spin rate is 1200 RPM. Cycle options offered by Splendide WD2100XC include 10 for washing and three for drying. You can control the water and heat temperatures, choose spin settings, and drying times.
This machine is 23.5 inches height by 22.6 inches width by 33.1 inches in length. It weighs around 145 pounds.
- Suitable for small living quarters
- Effectively cleans and dries clothes
- Relatively quiet for a combo machine
- Wash cycles are very long (circa three hours)
- Doesn’t come with lifting handles
- May leave clothing wrinkled
The Splendide washer dryer combo costs around $2,000 on Amazon.
Where to Buy
Make sure to register your Splendide all in one washer dryer with your proof of purchase and registration card through the mail. Warranty information is ambiguous about this product. Consult with the retailer about the warranty terms directly before buying this machine.
- Washer Dryer Combo - All-in-One
- No access to external venting? No problem. LG's all-in-one washer/dryers use ventless condensing to dry your clothes without the need for external venting. Dryer times will run about 120 minutes. Plugs into 110 Volt, hot and cold water, needs a drain. Expand the limits of your laundry room!
The LG WM3997HWA Ventless 4.3 Cubic Foot Capacity Steam all in one washer dryer has a spin rate of 1,300 RPMs and 14 washing settings. It comes with a larger than average door and tub for the compact size of the machine. The machine offers a TurboWash setting for getting your laundry done quicker. It also offers five temperature settings for the wash that include cold rinsing cycles.
The size of the LGWM3997HWA is 30 inches long by 27 inches wide by 39 inches tall. The machine weighs 205 pounds.
- The drum has lighting
- Energy efficient all in one washer dryer
- Fits in small spaces
- Organic fibered clothing tends to wrinkle
- Dryer isn’t as efficient as it could be
- The drain position relies on gravity for faster drying
The LG WM3997HWA washer dryer combo is available on Amazon from around $1,740 to $2,000.
Where to Buy
This machine comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
- 【RELIABLE CAPACITY】:Our Washer/Dryer Combo has super capacity. It is recommended to wash 11 pounds of clothes and dry 11 pounds of clothes to achieve the best effect. The Washer/Dryer Combo adopts fast drying technology to remove excess water and make clothes clean and smooth. Our Washer/Dryer Combo can intelligently control the temperature to prevent excessive drying. Compact Washer/Dryer Combo Electric Laundry Dryer and Washer
- 【SPACE SAVING DESIGN】:The Washer/Dryer Combo is light in weight and easy to move. Washing machine with frequency conversion and energy saving technology, low carbon environmental protection without mute. Our Washer/Dryer Combo has a variety of washing procedures, classified washing, so that you can wear comfortable and healthy. Washer/Dryer Combo Electric Laundry Dryer and Washer Compact
- 【EASY ASSEMBLE】:Our Washer/Dryer Combo does not need complicated installation. Just connect the power supply of the washing machine and insert the drain pipe. A compact Washer/Dryer Combo saves you space.Product Dimensions:W*D*H(inch): 23*23*34. Washer/Dryer Combo Compact Electric Laundry Dryer and Washer
- 【DUAL FUNCTION】:Our Washer/Dryer Combo have built-in strong motors to make washing faster and more thorough. The built-in 360 degree circulating hot air Washer/Dryer Combo can remove odor and make clothes fluffy and dry. Humanized design of Washer/Dryer Combo, built-in temperature sensor, to avoid overheating damage to clothing. Washer/Dryer Combo Electric Compact Laundry Dryer and Washer
- 【EASY OPERATION】:Washing machine uses high-definition LED touch screen, smooth touch. The washing machine with various washing procedures can meet different washing needs. Washing machine uses water condensation drying technology, clean and comfortable, refreshing and comfortable. Washer/Dryer Combo Compact Electric Laundry Dryer and Washer
The Best Appliance all in one washer dryer is equipped to handle up to five pounds for washing and drying cycles. It spins at 1,200 RPM and uses a 360-degree circulating hot air mechanism to remove odors from clothing. The 24-inch BestAppliance washing machine with dryer has an antibacterial door seal for maximum sanitation with continued use.
Dimensions for the BestAppliance compact combo washer and dryer are 26 inches long by 26 inches depth by 35 inches for height. The weight for this product isn’t immediately available, although the shipping weight is around 185 pounds.
- Portable machine
- Has several washing cycles
- Runs quietly
- Unclear warranty terms
- Small capacity
- Inefficient drying after a long drying cycle
Amazon sells the BestAppliance 24-inch washer dryer combo for around $850.
Where to Buy
There are differing reports for the BestAppliance warranty. Some buyers have received warranty repairs while others claim the company doesn’t offer a warranty. For precise warranty information, contact the seller of the machine before buying.
- 2.0 Cu Ft Front Loading Washer/Dryer Combo with LCD Digtial Control Display - Easy to Use and Perfect for Apartments or Small Spaces
- 12 Wash Cycles: Washer Programs: Cotton/Normal, Bulky/Large, Sport, Delicate, Hand Wash/Wool, Baby Wear, Speed Wash, Sanitary, Rinse and Spin, Spin, Refresh and Cotton/Normal
- Extra Options: Pre-Wash, Extra Rinse, Add Garment, My Cycle, Delay Start, Anti-Foam Control, Overheating Control, Overflow Control, Self-Cleaning Drum, Auto Balance System and Memory after Power Interruption
- Features: Auto-Restart, Favorite Cycle, Delay Start, Water Level Selection, Transparent Lid, Adjustable Legs, Detergent Dispenser, Cycle Status Lights, End of Cycle Signal/Buzzer
- Ventless Dryer - Does not require External Venting Source: Steel Drum for Added Durability
The RCA RWD200 is a small capacity all in one washer dryer suitable for very small areas. It features 12 separate wash cycles to accommodate a variety of fabric types. The spinning speed is 800 RPM. Pre-rinse and extra rinse cycles are also available. This washer dryer combo comes with controls for overflow, overheating, automatic drum balancing, and self-cleaning. For convenience, this machine also allows for a delayed start and comes with adjustable feet.
Product dimensions for this washer dryer combo are 24 inches for length by 23 inches for width by 34 inches for height. It weighs in at 177 pounds.
- Quick cycles for a small machine
- The washer operates quietly
- Easy to set up
- Long drying times
- The machine is very shaky when spinning when shipping bolts aren’t removed
- Low spinning speed
Amazon sells the RCA RWD200 for around $775.
Where to Buy
This RCA all in one washer dryer is backed by a one-year warranty.
- Washer Dryer Combo - All-in-One
- No access to external venting? No problem. LG's all-in-one washer/dryers use ventless condensing to dry your clothes without the need for external venting. Dryer times will run about 120 minutes. Plugs into 110 Volt, hot and cold water, needs a drain. Expand the limits of your laundry room
The LG WM3488HW all in one washer dryer combo machine spins at a maximum speed of 1,400 RPM and contains a 2.3 cubic foot capacity. This combo machine includes 14 wash, dry, and cleaning settings. There are 10 option features including those for pre-washing, delayed washing, extra rinsing, and finished signals.
The dryer is a ventless condensing dryer that takes between 30 and 120 minutes per dryer run. Additional features include the LG TrueBalance anti-vibration system, the NeveRust stainless steel drum, and an automatic water leveling adjuster.
Product dimensions for the MW3488HW by LG are 25.5 inches for length, 24 inches in width, and 33.5 inches for height. It weighs 156.5 pounds.
- Cleans clothing well
- Good for saving space
- High-quality product construction
- Long washing and drying cycles
- This machine is louder than other machines
- The machine shakes
This all in one washer dryer costs around $1,450 on Amazon.
Where to Buy
The LG WM3488HW comes with a one-year parts and labor warranty. When purchased directly from LG, the product comes with a 10-year Direct Drive Motor warranty and a lifetime warranty for the drum.
- Spin cycle on/off option
- 24-hour delay start
- Pre-wash option
- Wash only option ; Adjustable leveling legs
- Variable temperature settings for dryer
The compact Haier HLC1799AXW combo washer and dryer is built with functions to allow for washing only. The machine has adjustable legs to level the machine on any flooring. Delayed starts can be set up to 24-hours in advance. The machine comes with a stainless steel drum and a variety of temperature settings. The RPM spin speed capacity for the HLC1700AXW is 1200.
This washing and drying combination machine has the dimensions of 22.5 inches for length, 23.4 inches for width, and 33.5 inches for height.
- Efficiently washes clothing
- Good for space saving
- Possibly defective drying function
- Long washing and dryer
The Haier HLC1700AXW is found on Amazon for around $1,120.
Where to Buy
Haier’s HLC1700AXW all in one washer dryer comes with a one-year parts and labor warranty. When purchasing this combo machine directly from the vendor, it comes with a two to five-year cabinet warranty and a one-year labor warranty.
There are many all in one washer dryer options available on the market today. Many of them offer great space and energy-saving features, but there are always drawbacks. Deciding to buy an all in one washer dryer might mean relinquishing any expectation that the machine will function like the dual full-sized washing machine and clothes dryer you are accustomed to. All in one combo machines use different technology to get the job done, thus producing slightly different results.
The best all in one washer dryer we’ve reviewed today is also one of the more affordable choices. The LG WM3488HW all in one washer dryer has the fastest spin cycle at 1,400 RPM. It washes and dries clothing most efficiently. Even as the best model on our list, this machine will not perform exactly as a traditional set of laundry machines will.